Last weekend, I had the pleasure to interview Matthew Brennan of China Channel. If you think that name is familiar, it is because I wrote about the upcoming event CHat, which is hosted by China Channel. During the interview we talked a lot about CHat and the China Channel. Below are some of the questions I asked Matthew.
- Please introduce yourself:
- How long have you been in China?
- Tell us more about China Channel. What is the goal? How long have you been working on China Channel? How has it been received?
- How long have you been working with WeChat?
- What are some of the most important aspects of WeChat and how are they different than other messaging Apps? And how are brands using these features?
- Can you give us an example of a brand that is using WeChat well?
- You are now organizing an event called CHat, what can you tell us about it?
- What gave you the idea?
- What can we expect to learn from Chat?
- Who will be speaking at the event?
- How can we sign up? Are there still tickets available?
- Will you be holding regular WeChat events in the future?
- What is in the future for China Channel?
- If someone wants to find out more about WeChat, what websites or agencies would you recommend?
- Any last words? Do you have anything else you would like to share?
Watch the Video
Below is the video interview. There is a ton of great information and if you weren’t excited about Chat before, you will be after watching this great interview. I want to say thank you to Matthew for taking the time out of his busy schedule to talk with me and thank you to the China Channel for organizing this great WeChat event.
Are you doing something cool?
I love doing interviews with interesting people in Beijing. Do you have a project that is related to marketing or advertising? If want to share your project with a new audience send me an email. I am always looking for good content and interviewees related to startups and business in China.