China outbound tourism is obviously an important aspect of marketing in China and to Chinese travelers. There has been a lot said about China outbound tourism and about the Chinese travelers, CM has even posted these articles:
- – 5 new trends about Chinese tourists
- – Top 10 Ways to Attract Chinese Tourists Using Social Media
- – 7 Essential Reasons You need to Enter The China Tourism Industry Now
- – Chinese Tourist and Other Culture Behavior Explained
CM has been following China outbound tourism trends for some time now, but we admit we are not experts on this subject, which is why we got excited when we found this Podcast from Holly Galbraith. She interviewed George Cao co-founder and CEO of Dragon Trail Interactive. We have known about Dragon Trail Interactive for sometime now and GoYvon even went to an event last year in Thailand about Asian & China outbound tourism that was organized by Dragon Trail.
China outbound tourism podcast
This podcast is really informative and a must for anyone wanting to learn more about China outbound tourism. Some of the highlights, according to Holly, include:
- The market is growing and becoming very diversified.
- Looking at the segments of the Chinese outbound market is important.
- They discuss what some destinations in north America are doing to attract Chinese travelers.
- They discuss Canada Tourism and China.
- They discuss things that new entrants to the Chinese market need to think about including product fit, getting started & testing/feedback, research, relationships with the trade, being China ready.
- Affluent travelers = new experiences, unique, local cultural experiences.
- “Social and mobile is the key discovery engine for China”
- The one social media player that stands out is WeChat.
- Dragon trail offers several starter options and products for tourism operators including ‘The Starter Pack’ as well as ‘Tripshow.com‘ a social aggregation server as well as ‘The China Travel Academy’.
Below is the entire recording and we hope you take the time to listen to this great podcast. We would like to say thanks to Holly for producing this content and thanks to George for sharing his knowledge. Be sure to check out Holly’s site (Go Future Media) because each week she adds new content about Travel & Tourism Marketing.