About a month ago, Kantar released this infographic along with a China Social Media impact report. This infographic was shared all over the China focused media/blogs/sites and this is the reason CM didn’t originally share it. But, if you have been reading CM lately you should have noticed our new commitment to content. Lately, we have been finding great infographics about China, Social Media and/or Marketing and sharing one-two infographics per week.
We never have time to build these infographics ourselves, but that will not stop us from sharing others great work. So, below you will find an infographic about Chinese social media and the impact it has on Chinese society and Chinese social media users. Here are the main points we found interesting (taken from the report):
- – 64.7% of 13,341 participants said social media’s impact is positive, which is lower then last year.
- – Social media’s reach among urban residents has increased to 34% from last year’s 28.6%. This means social media is still growing in China.
- – Users are looking for new content and not low-quality and duplicate content.
- – 15 entertainment accounts made the Top 50 and attracted 49% of total clicks followed.
- – Though there are 10 news and information accounts in the Top 50 list, they garnered only 5% of all reads.
- – Entertainment is still the largest category (25.4%), followed by news events 19.6%, health and beauty (15.7%), work and study (14.3%), travel (12%) and others (13%).
- – Most people are looking for entertainment, health & beauty tips, or travel related advice. Brands working in these areas can still greatly benefit from social media in China.
China Social Media Impact Report 2015 [Infographic]
In the last few weeks, we have been bringing you more information about WeChat and social media be sure to check these posts out:
- – Marketing on WeChat: 7 Things Your Boss Wants To Know
- – WeChat vs Whatsapp Infographic from KRDS
- – WeChat guide for marketers – 10 ways to interact with your audience
- – WeChat User Data infographic from China Skinny
What are your thoughts? Leave a comment and let us know.