Articles published on Chairman Media must be exclusive and non-promotional in nature. If written by a representative at a company, the topic and execution of the article should in no way suggest, either directly or indirectly, the need to purchase the services of that company or another like it.
While we are open to our contributors using their work to illustrate a point, any client examples must be balanced with examples from other companies in the same industry. In short, if the article won’t make sense without your company in it, it’s not a good fit for Chairman Media. Case studies are the occasional exception, though these must be authored by brand leaders and be written in an educational, rather than promotional, manner.
How to contribute articles
Chairman Media editors prefer to work with authors at the initial conceptual phase of an article, rather than reviewing completed drafts. If you have an article that you’d like to contribute, or would like to suggest a potential writer or blogger who can cover a range of issues, please reach out to a Chairman Media editor with your idea, including an outline or abstract of your concept and the main points you plan to discuss. Inquiries can be submitted here.
All articles appearing on Chairman Media will be edited and returned to authors for review prior to publication. Headlines often change in the editing process, so please be aware. General guidelines for articles include:
- Articles should be submitted as Word documents.
- All articles should be loosely related to China and all articles must be about marketing/business.
- Target length: 600-900 words for feature stories. Keep in mind that these are only general guidelines. Your article can be as brief or lengthy as you need to provide a clear perspective on your selected topic.
- Again, Chairman Media only publishes original content. Please do not submit anything that has run or been submitted elsewhere. Likewise, we do not accept thinly veiled commercials for companies or individuals.
- When submitting an article, please also submit: a high-resolution (at least 300 dpi) headshot of the author and a brief (100 to 150 word) author bio, including email address and company URL, when applicable. Please note: We do not share or publish our authors’ email addresses. They are used to register their unique bio in our WordPress system and ensure authors are notified when comments are posted on their articles.
Contribute layout and wording taken from iMedia Connections.