Global opportunities for online retailers
About a month ago, I posted a few infographics about the growth of E-commerce and M-commerce in China. This attracted the eyes of Rob Jones at Search Laboratory and he sent me an interesting infographic about global opportunities for online retailers. Below are a few of the highlights he wanted to emphasis and the infographic.
E-commerce worth key facts
- Japan’s e-commerce worth has seen an increase of 25 billion pounds since 2012 when it was calculated to be worth £55 billion.
- Italy was the only developed nations to see a decline in its e-commerce worth from 2012.
- Brazil have tripled their e-commerce worth since 2012 from £11 bn to £33 bn.
Average expenditure per internet user
- A direct reflection of Italy’s e-commerce worth declining is reflected in the average expenditure per internet user having more than halved in value.
- Between 2012 and 2013 the UK, US and Japan have continued to increase their average expenditure per internet user compared to Australia showing a decrease in expenditure.
- As two developing nations China and India have recorded double their average expenditure per internet user since 2012.
- The three big winners by 2015 will be China growing by 50,223,800, India by 33,189,000 and the US by 6,766,680.