In digital marketing, it is important to understand your target audience’s content consumption behaviors in order to maximize your marketing message. It is pointless to post new articles, photos, videos, or other content when your target audience is asleep or way from their digital devices.
Highlights from the research:
- Baby Boomers spend more time consuming content than the other generations.
- Mornings (7 am -11 am) and Evenings (6 pm -11 pm) are the best times to share content. Around 8 pm is the best time.
- Mobile is becoming the most important devices for content consumption, especially for Millennials. Over 52% use mobile as their primary device.
- Blog articles are still the most popular form of content for all generations. Followed closely by images and comments (people want to know what others think and feel).
- Everyone prefers articles that are 300 words or less.
- Entertainment and Tech are the most popular categories, Tech especially for Millennials.
- Facebook is still the most popular SNS (no surprise there).